Meet the Apra Pennsylvania Board of Directors
Communications & Website Director
Carolyn Moatz, Donor Database Manager, Independence Mission Schools
- How many years have you worked in fundraising/prospect research?
Almost 15 years in fundraising/development operations. I've been doing prospect research for about two and a half years.
- Briefly summarize your background:
I started my professional career working as Assistant Director of Annual Giving, managing volunteers and a phonathon. I then moved into database management, which expanded to development operations, including prospect research.
- How long have you served on the Apra PA board, and what inspired you to join?
I joined the board in January 2020. Since adding prospect research to my portfolio, I've found Apra PA to be really helpful for learning the tricks of the trade and increasing my confidence. I joined to help give back to this community.
- What are you most proud of in your work?
Creating a prospect management program at my current job. It's still a young organization, so there has been a lot of building policies and procedures in this role.
- Do you have favorite research tool, site, or trick you can share?
My favorite trick may seem obvious, but bookmarking local counties' property records pages has sped up my work significantly.
- What is your prospect development superpower?
I know what questions to ask when a request is vague so I can produce what the requester is looking for.
- What is your favorite hobby and why?
I've been getting into drawing recently. It's a new hobby for me, but I'm enjoying using a different part of my brain.
- What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid?
- What is your favorite season and why?
Summer. I love being outside all of the time, basking in the sun (with lots of sunscreen on), playing tennis, running, and being a beach bum. And the long days give me more time to do those things.